• The candidate must be accepted to University of the Cumberlands
• The students must plan a degree completion program with their Academic Advisor at the University’s School
of Lifelong Learning (UC), that included the RLI courses completions and/or planned completions.
• The plan must approved by the Chair of the Hutton School of Business and the Registrar.
• RLI courses will be credited as Retailing Practicum
• A maximum of 15 credit hours can be validated for the practicum
• The full RLI online learning plan for the UC Retailing Practicum equals 15 credit hour
How are RLI course are converted to college credit?
10 hrs. of RLI online courses = 1 credit hour of the Retailing Practicum
UC Degree Requirements
• Total of 64 credit hours
– General Education = 31 hours
– Retailing Coursework = 21 hours
– RLI online courses validated as Retailing Practicum (15 credit hours)
– General Electives = 12 hours
• Degree completion can be attained in 2 years
– The student takes two UC classes every 8 weeks
• Maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
• Courses in the major must have a grade of “C” or higher.
• At least 25% of the total credit hours must be from UC.
Complete degree requirements online: Undergraduate Catalog and Business Online Catalog www.ucumberlands.edu
Convocation, Insights and Leadership requirements are waived for students in the School of Lifelong Learning.
RLI Degree Requirements
A student can start RLI’s Retailing Practicum Learning Plan at any time
1. Contact RLI for enrollment on the learning plan
2. Select a Practicum Supervisor (mentor/coach)
a. Practicum Supervisor Agreement – commitment to validate course work and perform proficiency
b. Practicum Supervisor Certification – course/guidelines (learning how to supervise a practicum)
3. Complete the online courses
4. Submit your Practicum Supervisor endorsement letter
5. RLI submits your RLI Learning Plan report and certificate of completion to UC
Courses completed within the past 2 years will be accepted into your learning plan.
• RLI courses
– 25% of the degree
– Free for associates of stores using the RLI, IGA, NGA, CFIG, MIDA training programs
– Students who enroll in the program independently pay $900 for RLI courses, saving over $2,000 on
• UC’s courses
– 75% of the degree
– $199 per credit hour
– The estimated cost of the required UC’s 49 credit hours is no more than $11,000 total
Students in this program may qualify for financial assistance http://gradweb.ucumberlands.edu/financial/office
When can I start?
Begin your admission process anytime. Once accepted, you can start the next session (8 week cycle).